I’m starting a new series of posts called “Fresh Picks”, where I’ll chat about one of my recent purchases. Fun, right?
Speaking of Chambray…how about the Chambray Shirt Dress from the almost-launched L.L. Bean Signature!? Roll tab sleeves, perfect pocket placement, and a great length! Throw it on with a fun belt and you’re set. Where I work has a fairly conservative dress code, so I have to pick my pieces carefully. I think it totally qualifies as being work appropriate. I’m excited to see the rest of the collection! Bring on the tailored classics!
Photo via L.L. Bean
So…I’ve always thought that chambray looks kind of “dated” and a had that “I can’t commit to full-on denim” look…but I love how it’s been popping up in more sophisticated ways.
1. Billabong Tavo Chambray Top (love those buttons!)
2. Anthropologie Chambray Tunic (work appropriate!)
3. Vince Oversized Roll Sleeve Shirt from Piperlime (has that old school artist look)
4. Delia’s Regina Chambray Dress (Delia’s! Who knew?)
5. J.Crew Whisper Chambray Tiered Skirt (I would almost buy a tie)
These boots are amazing! I’ve made it toasty and dry through Vail, Michigan, Chicago and the little snow/ice/panic mix we had here in Nashville. I chose this lovely waterproof style over these because of the lining and nice neutral olive color (not to mention sweet price at $70), and I’m so glad I made that call!
I don’t think it started off complicating matters, but now…it risks being re-covered.
I feel like the pattern competes with other patterns and limits my color choices. It’s really more of a cream color than the photo. It currently sits with a cream couch and a gray and beige geometric (think Adler-esque) rug. (eek!) I’m moving soon (yay!) and would like to put it the new living room, which has dark brown leather couches.
Perhaps this chair should move to a bedroom? My bedroom has stark white bedding (which I could be swayed to switch out!).
Do I re-cover it and save pattern for other decor (pillows?) or try to work around it? Ideas?Hollywood Black and White Accent Chair from American Signature
I occasionally frequently pop into J.Crew to see what’s new. I’m loving the wispy colors – especially the “misty aqua”!
1. Corwin cardigan in Misty Aqua – It’s minty freshness!
2. Scalloped petal top in Soft Violet – I’m a sucker for anything with a belt or tie around the waist.
3. Ombré pearl cluster necklace in Salmon – Super versatile color.
4. Silk-twill del pelato shift dress in Butterscotch – Yummy! But seriously, this is the perfect Winter to Spring transition dress!Images from j.crew.com